How We Collect Information
We collect and use personally identifying information that you provide to us in the course of seeking offerings or information from us. This personally identifying information may include your name, address, e-mail address, contact information, and information about a property you seek to sell.
“Nonpublic Personal Information” is the nonpublic information about you that is obtained by WBHNY from you. WBHNY and its advertisers may collect Nonpublic Personal Information from the online forms you complete, from information collected as a result of your transactions with WBHNY, our advertisers, or others, and from consumer reporting agencies. WBHNY will not disclose any Nonpublic Personal Information except as permitted or required by law or as described in this Policy. We may disclose all of the Nonpublic Personal Information we collect about you, as well as other information collected as described in this Policy, to our affiliates who offer related goods and services, and to nonaffiliated third parties that perform services on our behalf, including marketing services, or financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
Other Information You Provide or Post
In addition to the practices described above, we may also use the information we collect to, at your election, provide you with information and advertisements about goods and services we believe may be of interest to you.
You may provide us with testimonials about your experience with us (including a picture of yourself), and with feedback about our services. We may use any such information you provide to enhance our services and for public-facing marketing purposes, such as through online or public display of your testimonial, feedback, and/or picture. We may also incorporate the information you provide through messages, e-mails, or other means (though not your personally identifying information) into our materials or offerings.
Using our Platform
We also collect and store certain technical information when you access, browse and use our Platform. This technical information helps us operate and provide our Platform to you, and includes standard information about interactions and system capabilities, such as:
- Information about the device(s) you use to access our Website, including MAC address, IP address, browser type, and version, location, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device type, and device identifiers
- Information about your visits to the Website, including the full URL clickstream to, though, and from the Website. (including date and time)
- Information we need and use to facilitate your use of our Platforms (including to provide access to third party websites and services), such as URL requests, destination IP addresses, or device configuration details.
Pages you view, services you search for, length of time browsing search results, specific search results you select to view.
- Page response times download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), your engagement with certain variable/dynamic elements of a page and methods used to browse away from the page.
How Information May Be Used
We may use any information that we collect in order to:
- Enable you to submit requests for offers, make offers, and use our other related services.
- Manage access to our Platform.
Send you information that helps you to use our Platform.
Provide you access to, and updates regarding, particular properties and other offers via text message.
- Contact you directly about offer requests, offers, or sale or purchase transactions.
- Create reports for our affiliates, licensors and service providers that may include aggregate information about use of various aspects of the Platform.
- Comply with laws and regulations.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Notify you about changes to our Platform.
- Protect the integrity and maintain the security of our Platform, including secured areas of the Platform.
- In any other way that we describe when you provide the information, and.
- For any other purpose for which you may provide consent.
- To quickly process your request for a cash offer on your home.
In some cases, how we treat and use information will depend on the type of information. Some of the information we collect through your use of our Platform or communications with us, such as your first and last name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, geo-location information, financial information and billing information associated with a transaction, Agent ID, and/or the name of the company or organization on behalf of which you are authorized to use the Platform (if applicable) may personally identify you. We will treat this information as “Personally Identifiable Information.” Other data derived from your use of the Platform is treated as “Non-Personally Identifiable Information,” unless it is combined with Personally Identifiable Information, or unless otherwise required by applicable law. We will treat as Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information -that is combined with Personally Identifiable Information.
In addition to the uses listed above, we may use your information, including Personally Identifiable Information, in order to:
- Respond to your requests for offers, feedback or questions. (by telephone, text or email)
- Serve or otherwise deliver relevant advertising and information about products or services offered by us, our affiliates, our advertising partners, or other third parties, and
- Send you e-mails about updates, information, or alerts regarding our Platform.
In addition, we may use your information as described in any notice provided at the time you provide the information, and for any other purpose for which you may provide consent.
We may use technical information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information to:
Evaluate and improve our Platform and present content in the best way for you and for your device(s).
- Measure the effectiveness of the advertising we serve or otherwise deliver.
We may also combine technical information or non-Personally Identifiable Information about your use of our Platform and services with similar information that we obtain from other users to use in an aggregate or anonymous manner for similar purposes.
Cookies & Web Beacons
- Browser Cookies. A browser cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. That cookie then communicates with servers, ours or those of other companies that we authorize to collect data for us, and allows recognition of your personal computer. We associate cookies with Personally Identifiable Information only if you use the automatic recognition capabilities on restricted areas of the Platform, order a Service, use the personalization services available as part of the Platform, or ask us to contact you with additional marketing information. We do not otherwise collect Personally Identifiable Information from browser cookies and we do not associate browser cookies with your Personally Identifiable Information.
You may use the tools available on your computer or other devices to set your browser to refuse or disable all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being set. However, if you refuse or disable all browser cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts or use certain features or functionality of our Platform.
You may choose whether to activate automatic recognition when you register for an account. After registration, you may disable the persistent cookie that supports recognition using the tools in your browser. If you choose to disable the cookies that support automatic recognition, you will need to re-enter your e-mail and password each time you access a gated portion of the Platform.
Unless you have adjusted your browser settings so that it refuses all cookies, we may issue cookies when you direct your browser to use our Platform.To learn more about cookies, you can visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Platform may use local stored objects called flash cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Platform. We also include cookies in our third-party hosted video players to count the number of unique viewers who see a video and to provide aggregate reporting. The cookies do not identify you as an individual or track your online behavior. We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information from flash cookies, and we will not associate them with your Personally Identifiable Information.
- Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website. If you disable or refuse Flash cookies, please note that some parts of our Platform may be inaccessible or may not function properly.
- Web Beacons. Our Platform and e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear GIFs, pixel tags and single-pixel GIFs) that permit us to, for example, count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other website-related statistics. Web beacons in e-mail marketing campaigns allow us to track your responses and your interests in our content, offerings and web pages. You may use the tools in your device to disable these technologies as well.
For more information on how Google uses this data, go to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, or review the Google Analytics Terms of Service at https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html. For more information about opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Securing Your Information
The security of your information is important to WBHNY, and we have established administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect Personally Identifiable Information against loss, alteration, unauthorized access, theft, misuse or disclosure. Unfortunately, no system can guarantee complete security of your information. As a result, WBHNY cannot ensure or warrant your information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, is completely secure from unauthorized third parties. Thus, your use of the Platform and communication with us is at your own risk.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
Third-Party Data Collection/Online Tracking
Currently, various Internet browsers offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option that uses a DNT header to indicate the DNT preference setting on the browser. Webuyhomesnearyou does not track your activity over time and across different websites or online services other than as set forth herein, and we do not currently respond to browsers’ DNT signals with respect to the Websites. We do not permit our third-party service providers to collect information from the Websites for other websites or for their own purposes other than as described in this Policy.
Social Media, Third-Party Applications
The collection and use of information on social media websites and applications are governed by their own privacy policies and terms. Please remember that any information posted on or through the We Buy Homes Near You pages such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or on other social media pages or channels, is subject to the policies and practices of the applicable social media channel.
We may receive personal information from a social media site platform or application when you connect through a social media feed, post content, or otherwise interact with us using social media tools. For example, we may receive basic Facebook account information (name, e‑mail, gender, birthday, current city, and profile picture URL) through Facebook. Also, when you “like” us, or send a “Tweet” to us through a social media channel, we may receive your username, handle, and any other available personal information from the social media site or application. All information received from social media sites and applications is treated and used in the same manner and for the same purposes as described in this Policy with respect to similar information we obtain through the Site.
To provide location-based services, it may be necessary to collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine the location of your device. Unless you provide consent, such location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used to provide location-based services.
For example, your device may share its geographic location with a Service that selects and displays properties relative to the location of your device. Some location-based services may require your personal information for the service to be provided.
Maintenance of Information Collected
We may maintain the information that we collect indefinitely or may delete it at any time in our sole discretion.
This policy is intended to comply with all legal requirements including the requirements of any jurisdiction having unique laws regarding the collection and use of personal data. Should you be a resident of any such jurisdiction, this policy is hereby deemed to be amended as appropriate to comply with any such laws.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
You may have the opportunity to receive certain communications from us related to our Platform. If you provide us with your e-mail address in order to receive communications, you can opt out of marketing e-mails at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of our e-mails and adjusting your e-mail preferences. Please note that certain e-mails may be necessary for the operation of our Platform. You will continue to receive these e-mails, if appropriate, even if you unsubscribe from our optional communications.
Our Platform is directed to and is intended for use by persons who are 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, you are not permitted to submit any personally identifiable information to us, including your name, address or e-mail address. If we discover that we have collected any personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 18, we will remove that information from our database as soon as possible. By submitting any personally identifiable information to us, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older.
We value the accuracy of the information we have about you. To review or correct your Personally Identifiable Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may have the opportunity to receive certain information, updates and/or offers from us via text communications. If you provide us with your mobile number in order to receive such communications, you can opt out of receiving text messages at any time by texting STOP.